Standard Merino sleeping bags
Our 100% natural standard baby and toddler sleeping bags create a micro climate around your little one keeping them the perfect temperature all night long – helping prevent your baby waking in the night! With a pure NZ merino wool inner lining and the finest organic cotton outer, the standard weight baby and toddler sleeping bag is suitable for room temperatures between 18° and 26°C. Available in two sizes; NB-2 years and 2-4 years.
Every parent should have at least one of these sleeping bags for their baby to help stop those sleepless nights. No more waking from cold when they kick the blankets off! These are designed to be used instead of blankets.
Design features for our sleeping bags include:
- Generous sizing.
- Optional front and rear seat belt access for car seats or pushchairs.
- Reinforced shoulders for maximum strength and durability
- Nickel free snap domes, with extra under each arm for smaller babies NB – 3 months
- Open ended side zip, opens from under arm to half way across the bottom of the sleeping bags
- Generous arm holes for good air circulation
- Merino regulates body temperature so your baby won’t overheat or wake up cold during the night.
- Prevents baby from wriggling out of blankets and getting cold.
- Low Fire Danger – these merino sleeping bags have been thoroughly fire tested and although they are labelled low fire danger they are not designed to be tight fitting and we recommend staying at least 1 metre away from fire and heaters at all times.
|NB – 2yrs||90 cm|
|2-4 yrs||110 cm|
Click here for our Winter Merino Sleeping Bag
Click here for our clothing and temperature guide for our sleeping bags.
Why Merino Wool?
Renewable and 100% Natural – Wool is one of the safest and most natural fibres to have next to your body. It naturally resists bacteria, stains and odour therefore requires less washing so it is easy to care for. Our merino baby sleeping bags have a layer of 100% pure merino against your babies skin – keeping them safe.
Strength and resilience – A wool fiber is a complex structure that it behaves remarkably similarly to skin; naturally cooling and heating as the body needs. Predominantly made of interlocking protein molecules known as keratin, the same protein present in our own skin and hair, individual wool fibers have the ability to be bent, flex and stretch in any direction 30,000 times or more without damage. Sleeping bags have to endure lots of movement so this strength and resilience allows for a long lasting sleeping bag.
Breathable and Regulates Heat – Being naturally breathable the fine fibres trap small air pockets between the fibres, therefore it helps regulate heat and moisture flow to and from your baby’s body. Protecting the body’s micro climate to changing conditions. Putting your baby in our merino wool sleeping bags will help them stay warmer all night long, therefore no more early morning waking.
Click here for more benefits